Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Unexpected joys.



Our puppy Lily cuddling on a lazy day.




Today I really wanted to sit down and write an eloquent blog post that would wow my audience. However today was anti-climactic. It was a stay in your pjs, watch reruns of Girl Meets World and Sabrina the Teenage Witch with your sick kiddos kind of day. I was kinda bummed by that for about three seconds and then I realized this is what I love about my life. That I am able to be at home with my kids when they are sick and make them chicken and rice soup out of a can with dolphin shaped pb&j sandwiches (thanks Grandma for the cutters) and just cuddle and enjoy each other. Now if you are a working mom please don't think that I think my way of doing things is better. It works for us. I know lots of working moms that juggle family, work and home brilliantly and I admire you. I on the other hand am not wired that way and it is okay. We as moms, no matter what,  hate when our kids are sick of course but we are thankful when we can be there with loving arms and healing kisses to make it all better.

No comments:

Post a Comment