Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Are they listening?





It is easy to lose sight of the goal. Parenting is a an ongoing, ever changing,  journey, it is not a destination....this is something I have to remind myself of often. When we are in the middle of parenting, in the trenches so to speak, the days seem long and unending, the kids are strong willed and unyielding and we more than most likely are running in circles feeling like we accomplish very little. The downtime and relaxation is sparse at best and we get side tracked, many, many times. This leaves us wondering are we really making an impact in the lives of our children.  This is why I am so thankful for one on one time with our kiddos. These are the times they share their hearts with Donald and I. And we can tell if they are truly getting the life lessons we are working to instill in them.

Today was my day with our littlest A. Boy did I get an ear full. She filled me in on every thing from her career choices, to how and when she thought God was going to send her a husband. It makes my heart proud to hear that she wants God to send her a guy that is "spiritual and loves God more than anything". She even added that she didn't want a bossy husband and she wasn't going to be a bossy wife because God wants the husband and wife to work together. She is 8 and oh so wise. She also wants to finish college before dating....dare I hope that she sticks to her guns on this one? LOL. So when the days stretch out before you and you are oh so tired and wonder if anyone is listening, remember they are learning more than we could ever imagine, even on the busiest, most chaotic days.

No comments:

Post a Comment