Saturday, May 21, 2016

And so it begins...

...graduation week. It has seemed surreal that our oldest is graduating high school Friday. When I met Amber she was this shy, timid 6 year old. Her first words about me were "I thought she would have had long hair". I just knew she was going to dislike me. But she didn't. Amber is a Mama's girl...I am mama. Boy did I win the lottery. She has always been my biggest cheerleader as I moved from "Dad's girlfriend to stepmom to Mom. Amber is the strongest young woman I know. She is a hard worker with a great capacity to love. She doesn't let her obstacles stand in her way for long and she never complains, she is always encouraging and building others up. It has been a joy and privilege to raise her these past 13 years. I look forward to our new adventures as mom and daughter but I am sad that this chapter is coming to a close. I have loved raising you and seeing your take on life. Thank you for the gift of you baby girl!


No comments:

Post a Comment